I'd like to say, that you're my only fear. And when I dream, it slowly disappears. And when I wake, I'm right here by your side; To feel your heart, beat in and out of time.
vintage beach road Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's been a while.

Hey there, long time no see? I've been busy, I suppose. So it's February now, midterms ended a few weeks ago. I'd tell you my grades, but ranking 210 out of 700 is a bit embarrassing for me.

I used to get amazing grades, but now, I don't really try anymore; mainly because I don't really care. I mean, I'm working on it, and I'm getting better. I have my moods. Sometimes I stress intensely over school and getting into college to the point of losing sleep. Other times, I don't even bother to do homework.

Anyway. Back to the story.

It's funny, I don't really remember much from middle school. I guess my brain blocked out some of the more painful memories. I'll just skip to freshman year.

This was a way more enjoyable time for me. Although I was self conscious to the point of crumbling in on myself, it was the first time I'd ever been to public school, and with 700 kids in my freshman class alone, there were way more options for me socially.

There were few cliques, and that was a very foreign concept to me. I had friends in different levels, classes, you name it. I loved the diversity and the fact that I wasn't limited to just one group of people.

I felt a lot more confident. Granted, at the place I was, that didn't mean much, but it at least allowed a little bit of the old me to come back. I was happy most of the time, and at times fearless, and I got into the habit of shocking myself with some of the things I did that I wouldn't dared to have done before.

I grabbed peoples attention, mostly unintentionally, but it seemed to them I was interesting. I was oblivious most of the time, though. I find it rather scary how internal I can be.

This was the year my grades started to fall. I was so engrossed in this new social concept that I wasn't the least bit concerned with anything as petty as grades. My parents noticed. It was funny, though. As soon as I saw a D or a C, I panicked and worked my butt off to bring up the grade, but the second I was in the A or B range, I went back to the bare minimum.

It has improved a lot. I'm learning to balance the social and academic portions of my life.

In the time period there has been, I have a lot to write about, sorry that this was not so detailed, I'm just trying to cover a large time frame.

I'll be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment